Tuesday, October 8, 2013

If it Itches While Knitting.....

Chances are it will itch while wearing; I'm pretty sure!

I got this yarn on clearance at JoAnne's.

I figured for the price, I'd give it a shot.

I knit as far as the cuff on these Lucy Anklet Socks and started to wonder about how it would feel to wear.  Some yarns are so yummy and wonderful to knit with, and others are not.  This is an "are not" yarn!

The color looked cute and fall like in the skein but just wasn't doing it for me knit up.  Okay, honestly, the colors are cute for fall, but I think I might be totally blinded by the feel of the yarn!

I was going to frog them, but a friend encouraged me to continued.

I am a on the home stretch and my foot still itches and the sock isn't on!!!!

Oh well, into the frog pond they will go.  This yarn, and others I got that day will go to charity, or maybe I'll knit itchy hats for people I don't like.  I am not even going to waste time frogging; pulling needles out and tossing into bag of icky yarn!

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give Lion Brand Sock-Ease a 1!  It is a huge FALE and now I know why it was on clearance!

I have become a yarn snob!

What is your favorite yarn to knit with!?

Me?  I am in love with malabrigo; I may never be the same!

1 comment:

FiberJewels said...

might have to give Patons Kroy a good try -- check it out here http://knittyblog.com/2013/10/things-that-make-kate-happy/comment-page-1/#comment-215952