Thursday, March 6, 2014

Big Smile

If you have been reading my posts you may remember last year I tried to loose weight.

I walked 3 to 5 miles three times a week.  I joined a yoga studio and their 30 day yoga challange where I attended classes at the yoga studio five days a week.  Weekends, I hiked the wilds of Alaska.  I ate healthy following the Weight Watchers plan.

I lost NOTHING; I could not shrink my big belly.

You may remember my battle with uterine fibroids.  At the time of the diagnosis, I also learned I had high cholesterol and was anemic.  My doctor told me to stop the dieting, and do what ever I could to raise my iron levels.  After surgery, I could then work on my other health issues.

And then I kind of fell off the internet.

During the six weeks of recovery from the hysterectomy I was not allowed to do anything.  I couldn't walk my dog, vacuum, lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk.

In November, I returned to work, surgery, recovery, and 6 weeks of inactivity left me exhausted.

I returned to Weight Watchers and just could NOT drop the weight.  I often left meetings in tears.  They were not uplifting.  One member often managed to monopolize meetings.  When she attempted a 5 mile walk run (thinking it was a 5K), the members laughed with her and applauded her surviving the 5 miles.  The whole time, I'm hiking on weekends, anywhere from 4 to over 10 miles.  She'd drop weight and brag about how she shouldn't have as she'd cheated and ate this or that and didn't record it.

I quit going.

Last week a friend shared on FaceBook her loss of weight with the help of  myfitnesspal.com

I figured what did I have to loose?  I signed on, and started tracking.

I LOVE it!  I am tracking and recording EVERYTHING I eat.  I can pull up reports to see amount of calories eaten, as well as other nutrition information, like cholesterol and iron!

The only changes I have made in my eating (other than tracking, which means measuring food) is that I am working hard to get my 8 glasses of water in and avoid sugary high fat foods. I eat heatlhy in the manner I learned with Weight Watchers.

My first week:





No comments: