Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Life in Alaska

We have had a very dry (brown) winter with very little snow this year.

Thursday, March 5th, was our last day with students before our "Spring Break".  I took our students on a walking field trip to find a geocache.  It was warm, sunny, and I had to work on keeping them out of mud puddles!

Saturday, March 7th was the Ceremonial start of the Iditarod Sled Dog Race in Anchorage - extremely warm temperatures had caused the race organizers to move the official start from Willow, to Fairbanks.  I had visions of walks outside during my time off and maybe find a geocache or two.

On Monday, the first "real" day off?

COLD!  Bone chilling, the whole week and into the weekend, some days temperatures were below zero!

I could live with that.  After all, I live in Alaska and it is still, for us, winter.

But, Mother Nature can be cruel.

Now that we are back in school?

Warm and sunny, with temps above freezing!

No comments: